Saturday, April 18, 2009

Say no to word verification


I am glad to see I am not the only one who finds word verification irritating! See here and here. I often don't leave a comment because I don't have time to enter the words and then fix it if they are wrong. Those words are often hard to read, change randomly and then have to be re-entered. Often people don't realise word verification is switched on and it's easy enough to change that. Have comment moderation because it's easy enough to delete spam messages. In all the time I have had word verification switched off (about a year or so) I have had one spam message.
Anyway, that's my opinion and if you still want word verification that's your choice! :-)

4 comments:

Trace said...

Yep, I don't use it either - can't be bothered lol!

Ella Swan said...

I don't even know if I have it...oops...betta check! Hope I can work out how to get rid of it if I have,lol! I agree with you, it is a pain...I am now more confident about how things work around my pc but may have set it up originally. Just as long as I don't catch a virus - that is a presonal unreasonable fear I have!!!

topkatnz said...

I have never had word verification; and only moderate 'new commenters' ... I have never had any spam ... I totally support the quest to get rid of word verification!!

Anonymous said...

Hear hear!!!!!!!!!

I flippin hate it!

Not so bad on blogs, but on other sites where it has lines through it and the characters are very hard to decipher it drives me barmy.