We came inside for Bucks Fizz (champagne and orange juice( and/or coffee while I finished off the scrambled eggs. Then we sat down to brunch: bacon, sausages, eggs, portabello mushrooms, tomatoes and "smashed" potatoes (cooked, partly mashed, sprinkled with garlic salt and olive oil and then baked in the oven). Then we has dessert - Hot Cross bun bread-and-butter pudding. It was a lovely meal shared with our family and extended family.
Jacob had a sleep in Ross' bed and then all the little boys put on Superman suits. The two littlest had suits that had belonged to Ross and Colin which I could not bring myself to get rid of.
Around 4pm we decided to go fishing; the light was going by the time we found the "right" spot and I took lots of lovely photos of the fishermen. Unfortunately, that's all we brought home from the fishing expedition but there's always another day
It was a wonderful day and I only hope that everyone else enjoyed themselves too
8 comments:
it sounds like you had a 'super' day Jenny ... and the easter feast sounds very impressive ... very nice.
looks like a fun day! LOL at the triple Superman overload ;)
Sounds like everyone had a ball Jenny ... love those wee supermen!!!
You sound like quite the chef Jenny - I love the sound of smashed potatoes...all over the world we have all been enjoying a restful couple of days public holidays & all seem the better for it ;-)
Oh it sounds gorgeous & what a fantastic Easter celebration.I love the photos.
Yum, hotcross bun (or did you really mean bum?) bread and butter pudding? Sounds delicious. Gorgeous little supermen and terrific photos. Enjoy the next two weeks.
^^^^^^ Whoops! All fixed now - lol
Sounds and looks like a fabulous day, Jenny.
I just LOVE the photo of the three wee Supermen. Too cute for words!
We were away for Easter which meant the kids had an egg hunt with their cousies. Lots of fun too.
Post a Comment