So what have we done? Of course organising last week's crop took up some time and that's all reported further down.
While I was scrapping on Saturday hubby and #2 son spent the day on a friend's yacht on Wellington harbour. It was perfect weather and they were lucky enough to see dolphins too. They both came home exhausted because it's hard work on a yacht
Oh I think I am so clever! I've used a wonderful program called Photosheet that I got from here. It allows me to make collages so when I go to print I can get small photos on on 6x4 print
Doj went to the vet on Tuesday for his last visit (I hope) to have his stitches out. He's been fine but has a limp. I did notice last night that his limp seemed to be more pronounce so we'll have to keep an eye on that.
After we got home, my friend Bronwyn came over. She came to sort photos and get photos out of those yukky magnetic albums and I went through my dad's slides. What a job! We estimated that there were about 8000 slides many of them steam engines which was his life's passion. What do I want with soooo many photos of steam engines? Unfortunately, I don't so they're all going in the bin. I kept about 700 which I want to have put on a DVD so I can see them properly and perhaps have some printed. This is what it looked like at about 600 slides left to sort:
While I was scrapping on Saturday hubby and #2 son spent the day on a friend's yacht on Wellington harbour. It was perfect weather and they were lucky enough to see dolphins too. They both came home exhausted because it's hard work on a yacht
Oh I think I am so clever! I've used a wonderful program called Photosheet that I got from here. It allows me to make collages so when I go to print I can get small photos on on 6x4 printDoj went to the vet on Tuesday for his last visit (I hope) to have his stitches out. He's been fine but has a limp. I did notice last night that his limp seemed to be more pronounce so we'll have to keep an eye on that.
After we got home, my friend Bronwyn came over. She came to sort photos and get photos out of those yukky magnetic albums and I went through my dad's slides. What a job! We estimated that there were about 8000 slides many of them steam engines which was his life's passion. What do I want with soooo many photos of steam engines? Unfortunately, I don't so they're all going in the bin. I kept about 700 which I want to have put on a DVD so I can see them properly and perhaps have some printed. This is what it looked like at about 600 slides left to sort:
In the foreground are seven rotary trays - that's what I'm keeping. In the plastic bag are some of the ones that are being thrown away. These are the two boxes that were full. The box in the foreground has empty plastic containers (going to plastic recycling) and the box at the back has the rest of the slides that are going in the bin.
Oh and the flowers were from hubby at Easter!
6 comments:
Crikey Jenny that looks like a big job allright!
Gak! that sure is a lot of slides. ;)
Wow, what a awesome effort. Must have been like a lucky dip seeing some slides and seeing whats on them :)
That looks like an amazing day out and getting to see the dolphins would have been a huge buzz.
OMG, my Dad was big on slides too. Up until I was about ten he never took regular photos, just slides. There are boxes and boxes of them. One of my brothers has them now and I need to go through them to get some childhood photos of me for my kids (was burglared about 14 years ago and they took a cabinet that had ALL my photo albums with ALL my photos up from age 0 - 27 years!). They keep asking.
Did you guys used to have slide evenings?
We used to have them every so often and have family and friends over. Back in those days when people travelled they took slides didn't they. No digital cameras back then, lol.
Had you thought of giving those extra slides that you don't want to a museum or something similar? Maybe there is a steamtrain appreciation club somewhere?
I have been doing a few courses on genealogy and one thing they always mention is that if you have old records or school magazines etc that certain groups love to have this information in their archives.
So busy as usual. Worried that Doj is STILL limping after all this time - sureloy it should be getting better not worse?! Those slides just show you that we need to get all the memories sorted into scrap albums, 'cos when one inherit alot of random stuff like that you don't know how to go about it. Did they used to view those on an overhead & how would one go about printing those I wonder...if you handed that lot in it would cost a small fortune I'm sure.
Post a Comment