
Then, last Saturday a 7.1 Magnitude earthquake struck Christchurch at 4.35am in the morning. Apparently it was felt here, but we didn't feel it. Thankfully it wasn't 12 hours earlier or the loss of life and injuries would have been huge with all the glass that shattered. Since then, there have been over 400 aftershocks causing many people to really stress about them.
On 16th October, two South Island scrapbook shops are having charity crops for the Earthquake Fund and I'm also organising one here!
Finally my Dad goes back to the specialist on Wednesday and I really think he will be put into hospital and his foot will be amputated. I have been very worried because we go off on holiday in 12 days and then there is no one here to take care of my parents. Today I nearly cried with relief - friends of my parents who live in Chch left for a few weeks as the quakes were really stressing them out and they have said they will come and live in our house and look after my parents for us! We are also going to look at Malvina Major retirement village on Wednesday as my Mom will not be able to cope by herself. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers
3 comments:
Good luck this week and I sincerely hope that Dad is feeling a whole lot better after his next visit to the hospital.
Take care of yourself too my friend. Sounds like you are the 'rock' ... hugs.
Hope it all works out & it will. Lots of prayers & hugs coming your way.
I'm impressed that ... a. you are still scrapping and b. you are able to organise a special crop ... with everything going on in your life right now! Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers this week.
Post a Comment