Thursday, September 09, 2010

Maybe just for me

9 September
Really feeling like I have little children again: today I got a phone call from my Mom to say there was water leaking in the kitchen and could I please go and look. Went down there and the towel she had down was soaked. Got #1 son and he helped unpack the cupboards to await the arrival of the plumber. My Mom was very distressed about it all. I wanted to know where the main tap was - she had no idea. Out of the blue, my Dad remembered so we turned that off. The plumber has made a temporary repair and will be back tomorrow.

Next week we have to go back to the specialists for my Dad's foot - in my opinion it is getting bad quite quickly and I think that he will be put in hospital and an amputation just below the knee will happen sooner rather than later. Then I will need to take them to visit Malvina Major retirement centre because there is no way they could live by themselves after that. Where do I fit all of this in?

6 September
Dad is home! We have to go back in two weeks for a re-assessment and in the long term he will have to lose his leg below the knee but we will have to make other living arrangements before that happens. I am very pleased that he is home as this has been very draining for me

5 September
My Dad is still in hospital and we think that he will lose three toes early this week. Father's Day lunch was fun at the Wishbone cafe in the hospital!

4 September 8pm
What to do, what to do?? Need to make a decision regarding my dad's toes/feet

4 September
The angioplasty appears to have been a success as his foot is looking a lot better. He will at some point lose his big toe and the next two along and even possibly his whole foot. For now, they will just mangage it until it becomes too painful

2 September 7.30pm
Dad had an angiogram/angioplasty today and it appears to have worked well. He is still on a drip with strong antibiotics. The doctors will remove the second and third toes possibly tomorrow . Not sure when he'll be home though. Thank you to all of you for your emails and texts

2 September
Been awake since 5am. Decided to get up at 6am. Should be marking

31 August
Please keep my Dad (and my Mom) in your thoughts. Tomorrow he has an appointment with the vascular surgeon. He has two gangrene toes and has to have the artery in his right leg opened. I am worried for/about him; but also my Mom who carries all of this

1 comment:

Jenny in Durbs said...

Love & hugs to you - you are carrying a big load at the moment. You are all in our prayers especially your Dad. Being a grown up daugher doesn't mean its easier.God goes before us & you need to have faith. xxx