Sunday, September 05, 2010

The week that has passed in a blur

I have been taking my Dad to the doctor for his feet for the past month or so. On Wednesday 25th August, the GP was very unhappy with his toes which looked as if they had gangrene. The GP phoned the vascular surgeon who arranged for an emergency appointment on Wednesday 1 September. The surgeon sent us for blood tests, an ECG and X-Rays and then booked him into a ward. On Thursday Dad had a successful angiogram and angioplasty. He's been in hospital since then on very strong antibiotics to help his feet. He is going to have to have three toes removed and we've asked for it to be sooner not later.
Today was also Father's Day and so we had our Father's Day lunch in the Wishbone cafe at the hospital!
Colin's soccer team had their end-of-season function yesterday at Strike (ten pin bowling). Colin was runner up Most Improved Player
It has been very hectic and very stressful for me - I get up, go to school, go to the hospital (which is 35 minutes away) and then stay there until around 6pm when the doctors have been, and then bring my Mom home. She goes in with Adrian in the morning so she has a very long day there
Onto some scrapping - last week at SBO was Water and Beaches and so this is my entry:

This week is to use a song title and that has caused me endless drama but I've done mine now. I'm a bit unhappy about the competition as some of the rules have been bent and a few unprofessional things have happened - anyway, I'll continue

And so on to this week which is shaping up to be a week spent at school and the hospital!

No comments: