Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend

Saturday was the last soccer match of the season and then we had a team bbq after that. The weather was good and the kids all had a great time. It finished later than we expected but we fetched Ross and headed for the shops. Ross has saved enough money so he pre-ordered a new PS3 Slim which he will get on Wednesday.

We also looked at a replacement outside light (ours has died) and at home security and a new post box. Yes, we've had a further egging and our post box was stolen - the second in six weeks. There wasn't enough time on Saturday so back they went on Sunday morning and came back with everything they needed. As they were about to start working, the rain started and it rained and rained and rained all day.

I've been looking out for our Postie all morning and she's just arrived so I could explain to her what is happening. She also approves the new site - on the garage wall as she can just ride her bike straight in.

I'm home today because we have a school holiday - Yay! The seniors finished trial exams on Friday and so technically we're all marking today but I worked really hard last week and got all mine done and then some. I brought someone else's marking home and finished that yesterday.

I also finished about 12 UFOs yesterday so a very productive day

I was going to take my parents out to Lyall Bay to find the use-by-date shop but we've decided it's too miserable so we'll just go to Norht City Plaza and look at the shops there and have some coffee as well

Since I made this private, Google reader doesn't update people so I'm going to try something else - I hope that it works! I can add up to ten names to get email notification - I've added some names; I'll add more if possible.

Oh, and today's the 12th anniversary of the boys and I arriving here! (Also 12 years since Dianna dies).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It works!

Firstly, that really sucks about your letterbox being stolen. AND being egged again! Guess you don't have to go far to find the miscreants this time?

Our boys had their final game of soccer for the season on Saturday also. Just prize giving to take place in a few days.

Happy anniversary re. living in NZ! Gosh, that is one date you wouldn't forget, being the same day Diana died.

Penny said...

Egged again!! After 'fessing up to it last time - seems totally strange.

Jenny in Durbs said...

Hey Congrats on your 12 years - you guys are really Kiwis. I hope you catch the little/big bugs who keep harrassing you. Have a great weekend.
BTW loved your cards you made & Colins trophy pic.

topkatnz said...

Just doing a catch-up - had forgotten all about the no-updates thing! and here you've been really busy and newsy too. Bugger about the letterbox - what naughty kids! Congrats on celebrating 12yrs in NZ!

linda said...

Thanks Jenny, I can also read this now, love the quilt and sorry to hear about Sally, I think I agree with you in stopping treatment and just giving her some love and peace, I think she will miss you being away at the vet
Have a great day
linda