Sunday, August 02, 2009

The Week

It feels a lot longer than just two weeks back and ERO arrive tomorrow. Three of us got together bought lovely sparkly blue, green, yellow, black, red and white (actually silver) hats and have them up in our classrooms for De Bono's thinking hats. I will use them with my Yr 13s when I do a flatting exercise. I must take a photo

We went to a concerto yesterday: the Rachmaninov piano concerto was wonderful, but the 52 minute Shostakovich was a bit excruciating! Afterwards we went to dinner at Monsoon Poon .... to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary which is in three weeks time. And then I will have a 15 yo boy who's talking of getting his driver's license! I'm not ready for that yet.

I see that Chch is almost leading in the Senz 2010 voting ..... I'll need to find some cheap airfares then.

Our house was egged last Friday night but Ross saw who did it. We reported it to the police and then went down to the mother of the boy that Ross saw. No, never her boy and he denied it when she phoned him. About an hour later she came to our house to say it was not her boy at all; we stood by our facts. Saturday afternoon both she and her son turned up - no definitely not him .... but he did know who did it but wouldn't say. She left in a foul mood telling us she was going to phone all the relatives she knew in the police to close our complaint. Sunday afternoon she came back! ............... But this time with her son, his two mates and one set of parents all to apologise. How awful for those parents to have to do that but I was really pleased that they did and appreciated it very much.

On the same afternoon we had our godson's birthday party here - what fun and he is turning into a little delight

On Thursday I took my dad to the hospital for a 24 hour heart monitor. Both my mom and I don't understand why they're doing all these tests - he's nearly 86 and his body is just weakening. And it's sad to watch it happening

Well, I suppose that's a catch up from me; I need to do some UFOs (UnFinished Objects) ie l/os that need completing some of them from the beginning of June!

And then Happy Birthday to my lovely SIL, Jenny - have a great day

Have a good week

5 comments:

Angela said...

Only from June, that's impressive Jenny, I haven't finished my pages from our South Island trip 3 years ago, and now we've just done it again, so more pages.

Pleased it all worked out with the egging..... impressive that they actually came back to apologise, most would not!

Hope your week with ERO goes well, good luck.

topkatnz said...

Well done over your egging victory. My scrapping life is full of UFOs .... unstarted and untouched!LOL

Penny said...

wow - so impressed they came back in the end to apologise... not nice to have to deal with it for both sides.

Jenny in Durbs said...

Thanks for the wishes had a lazy day as it was wet & cold in Durbs!!! Enjoyed it though & so nice to chat to you guys - made my day.
Very glad to hear that the egging was resolved - not great for anyone but I think the boys may think twice now. Good luck this week.

Mel said...

Hope your Dad is doing OK - it's such a shame when they are subjected to tests etc at that age.