Friday, August 21, 2009

Weekend

Yay! Actually it my 17th wedding anniversary and Adrian has gone to Auckland! No matter, I bought take-aways tonight and 2 litres of ice-cream and will get take-aways again tomorrow night. I have to cook on Sunday because I will be the mother of a 15yo then. Eek - where did all those years go and now he's talking about getting his learner's license!

I am going to set up my new scanner this weekend (I bought it in July when Jenny was here) and start scanning some of those bazzillions of slides that live here.

Our seniors started trial exams today so I have a pile of exams to mark and more coming next week.

On a sour/sad note, it appears as though the owners/publishers of the new NZ scrapbook magazine Innovations have done a runner which means that people who have paid for subscriptions and advertising have lost their money.

And as far as my scrapping is concerned I haven't done anything for ages. I finished my godson's quilt and will now send it to a professional quilter. I'm also over challenges etc - I've decided that my scrapping must be what I want to do, not what others suggest. No more competitions (and I'm sure I'll change that one soon!) either. I am gathering together some photos from our trip to Auckland and getting dood ideas for l/os from Jenny, so keep them coming!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny

Sorry I haven't visited for a wee while. Now your blog is set to private my feed reader doesn't update, so I have no idea when you publish a new post.

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!! 17 years is a huge achievement in this day and age.

We are hubby/fatherless this weekend too. He's in Sydney on his annual boys' weekend with old Uni friends.

Nicki said...

Happy Anniversary!
Its a bit sad about the Innovations magazine - I really liked it.
Have a great week!

Penny said...

Happy anniversary :)
I hardly bother with challenges these days - just find it too stressful and not enough time to sit and do them. Though, I don't mind doing the odd "event" type of thing though.