Saturday, August 15, 2009

Coming to you from Raetihi

Here we are in the NZ Police Ski Lodge having just finished dinner which was spaghetti and meatballs and sauce and/or fish and chips - lots of it! Except that it was served and cooked with no salt. We came to help our home Lions Club (Ruapehu) with Camp Quality which each year in winter takes either cancer kids or kidney kids for a weekend skiing. This year was kidney kids hence the lack of salt.

It's been hard work but fun; I feel as though I have done nothing but dry dishes! Actually today when all the kids went skiing, three of us stayed behind. After we had cleared up I started sewing -yes, I brought my sewing machine with me and finished the quilt that I'm making for our godson. Now I'll send it to the professional quilter and then I'll just need to edge it.

Ross and Colin were treated as part of the group and got ski gear too and went skiing and were told to go anywhere they wanted to ski. Not only did they have a great day skiing but they were awesome in helping out .... carrying dishes, washing, drying, putting away - I was really proud of them.

We'll go home around midday tomorrow for a good night's sleep!

3 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

good on you for helping out ... awesome and fancy taking your sewing machine with you ... a professional ... okay, so what do they do with your quilt?

Erica said...

Sounds like a full on weekend. Fantastic that the boys got to go skiing too. I would love to see a photo of your quilt when it is finished :-)

Jenny in Durbs said...

I battled to get into this blog but here I am. I think you guys must have done such a great job. I bet both boys loved it too.