Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

to everyone who is a mother
to everyone who was a mother
to everyone who is a mother to someone else's child
and to all mothers who have to spend the day in hospital

Ross made me a booklet of vouchers: the last one is a Fight Free Day ....... I am still chuckling about it. He also made me breakfast in bed: a hard egg (yuck) and bacon and by the time I got the knife and fork it was all cold. As for the toast - that arrived much later. I ate it all

Colin got Adrian to buy me four mini bottles of Lindauer Fraise

My parents are coming to lunch and I have a leg of pork and a huge container of vegetables roasting right now. Bread and Butter pudding and then Irish Coffees and I think that will be a great Mother's Day.

I have had a cold for a few days and yesterday the inner ear infection recuured - I felt so sick and was in bed by 8.30pm and asleep by 9pm - that's unheard of for me. I was dreading the thought of having to cook today feeling so sick but fortunately the symptoms seem to have disappeared but I may have to take some more tablets later on.

Have a great day everyone

7 comments:

Tracy said...

Yummy that sounds like a lovely Mothers Day lunch, I hope your feeling 100% again soon!

Anonymous said...

LOL about the fight free day! Whata trooper you are, eating cold egg and hard toasts!
I so hope that cold will disappear for good! And that you enjoyed the rest of your day!
The lunch sounds deliscious and woa the desserts!

Mrs Frizz said...

Fight free day huh - sounds good to me!!!!

Hope that you are feeling better today health-wise ... earache is so NOT fun!!! With you on that one!!!

Breakfast in bed ... ummmmmm ... all I can say is I'm pleased that my kids are past doing that now ... wonderful thought - truly ... but some of the breakfasts ... will leave it at that.

Penny said...

Hope you are feeling better Jenny :)

A fight free day sounds like a very good present!

Twobees said...

Jenny, I love the idea of the fight free day LOL. I hope they gave you more than one of those vouchers :)

Angela said...

Oh, I so know how you feel on the ear front, but sounds like you had a pretty good day anyway. I like the idea of a book of vouchers, 'the gift that keeps on giving'

Unknown said...

I love the fight free day I hope you get it.

It sounds like you had a lovely mothers day & a beuatiful lunch on the Friday.