Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Bullying

A couple of years back, Colin was bullied quite seriously by another boy at his primary school and we took a big stand against what was happening. He was so upset, that he didn't want to go to school.

Well, Tuesday it was my turn. I received a horrible text at 12.45am on Sunday morning and then during Monday another four from the same number and a sixth from a second telephone number. I contacted Telecom Abuse Line and the sender of five texts was then sent a text telling him/her to stop immediately or his/her phone would be disconnected.

I thought that I was fine on Tuesday morning, but I got to school and a black cloud descended and I just fell to pieces. The wonderful 2IC at work stepped in and showed was a fantastic PI she is! She called out one girl (K) and got the name of two boys involved (M & C). The 2IC got C's phoned and asked permission to look at his contacts where she found the two matching numbers - one belonging to M-boy and the other to K-girl. K admitted her part in the bullying

K's parents were called in last night and she is stood down from school for two days and when she returns she will be in the withdrawal until the end of term. The boys are a bit harder to pin down: M is accusing C of using M's phone to send the texts and C is emphatically denying it. Both boys are in the withdrawal room until the end of term so won't be seeing any of them again. I am not sorry.

It appears that one child in the class looked up our number in the telephone directory, phoned our land line and, as many people do, our voice mail had my cell phone number on it. These "darlings" wrote it down and over the weekend decided that it was time to target me.

I do feel angry and violated and I feel like the victim. Initially I wanted to change all our telephone numbers and go unlisted. For now, I will change my cell phone number and see how things go regarding the ladn line. My husband is loathe to change anything as he feels that that gives these little ***** the power. I need to change my cell phone number for my own personal self worth. If you had my old number and want my new number, please email me.

This is NOT what I need at this time of the year - I am to busy to find the time to get a new phone number and change the number at all the necessary places. As a result, I will go into school for an hour tomorrow and then come home to sort this mess out.

4 comments:

Yvette said...

Oh that is AWFUL! So sorry to hear that you have been the brunt of awful teenage bullying tactics! It is the cowards way of bullying through texts. It is so harmful and it seems only the girl is showing some remorse. HUGS

Penny said...

Oh no!! That is terrible Jenny - I am so bummed for you. If I was their parents they'd be getting their phones confiscated too.

We've got our cells on the answer machine message too.

Tracy said...

Oh dear that is awful Jenny, I am glad you got to the bottom of it though and have it sorted out.

Oscar T. Grouch said...

That sucks so bad Jenny. I am sorry you had to go through that.