Work is over for the year and so I was able to start the Christmas shopping. I spent Monday with Bronwyn creating calendars. This one is for A's Christmas present so hopefully he won't come looking here!

On Tuesday it should have been the Intermediate picnic but it rained so the picnic was postoned to Wednesday and it rained even harder. To tell the truth, I was not sorry as I was able to complete all the Christmas shopping and grocery shopping.
I made these chocolate trees for the teachers' presents and they were suitably impressed. The trees were about 25cm high and were fiddly to do but looked sooo impressive.

The boys went to a school disco on Wednesday night and we went to dinner at Rushes in Pautahanui. The setting is beautiful, the food was delicious but the service was second class and totally lacked finesse. Now that's fine at Denny's but not when you're paying a lot of money.
Thursday night we were out for dinner again, this time at Denny's for Colin's birthday. His birthday was actually on Wednesday but we went out on Thursday because of the disco.

Friday the boys and I cleaned the house (a job that doesn't really happen in early December because I'm so busy). They also started putting up the Christmas tree but got cross with each other and the tree so that was the end of that! Hopefully it will either be put up or away today. It really doesn't feel much like Christmas at all except outside where our cul-de-sac has its customary abundance of Christmas lights out. It is so wonderful with all the people coming to look and last night I was outside talking to some of them.
We also won tickets to see the preview of The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep last Sunday. Fabulous movie but I do admit to crying in it. It was filmed in Scotland and New Zealand and we met the younger Angus at the movies too. His scene with his on-screen dad was filmed at Titahi Bay beach which is very close to us.
On Tuesday it should have been the Intermediate picnic but it rained so the picnic was postoned to Wednesday and it rained even harder. To tell the truth, I was not sorry as I was able to complete all the Christmas shopping and grocery shopping.
I made these chocolate trees for the teachers' presents and they were suitably impressed. The trees were about 25cm high and were fiddly to do but looked sooo impressive.
The boys went to a school disco on Wednesday night and we went to dinner at Rushes in Pautahanui. The setting is beautiful, the food was delicious but the service was second class and totally lacked finesse. Now that's fine at Denny's but not when you're paying a lot of money.
Thursday night we were out for dinner again, this time at Denny's for Colin's birthday. His birthday was actually on Wednesday but we went out on Thursday because of the disco.
Friday the boys and I cleaned the house (a job that doesn't really happen in early December because I'm so busy). They also started putting up the Christmas tree but got cross with each other and the tree so that was the end of that! Hopefully it will either be put up or away today. It really doesn't feel much like Christmas at all except outside where our cul-de-sac has its customary abundance of Christmas lights out. It is so wonderful with all the people coming to look and last night I was outside talking to some of them.
We also won tickets to see the preview of The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep last Sunday. Fabulous movie but I do admit to crying in it. It was filmed in Scotland and New Zealand and we met the younger Angus at the movies too. His scene with his on-screen dad was filmed at Titahi Bay beach which is very close to us.
I have today started playing with my Christmas present - a WishBlade - it is a cutting machine that attaches to my laptop which means I can cut in any font I have on my laptop. I wish I could go to a class to use it as I learn better that way than reading tutorials.
Well, I suppose that's enough of an update for now.
1 comment:
I love the photo from Water Horse. Haver fun learning the ins & outs of the Wishblade.
Post a Comment