On Wednesday we headed north to KatiKati to find the museum. It was a rather interesting museum where there was a guided tour by the owners who have lived in KatiKati all their lives. We then played fun mini-golf and had a lovely roast lunch in the cafe alongside. Thanks Raewyn!
After the museum tour was over, the lady told me that my boys have a vast general knowledge. This reminds me that the lovely Raewyn commented that we have such fun holidays. That we are immigrants is the reason that we are trying to show our children as much of as our adopted country as we can. All we have yet to do is north of Tauranga. In the ten years we've been here I think we have done really well to see as much of New Zealand as we have.
Thursday the boys played down at Pilot Bay
Today is wet and miserable and we are cooped up with wet washing! Actually we have taken some of it to the laundromat to get dry and are all sitting in Starbucks again. Our family of four, each with a latop, is getting lots of looks from the oter customers! We did walk out to Motoriki Island this morning but the waves weren't high enoughto be blowing through the blow hole
And still the rain is pouring down! Not sure what we'll do over the weekend, but I do hope that the rain stops soon! I hope you're keeping warm and scrapping. By the way, I finally found some dukkah at the Bin Inn in Maunganui road!
4 comments:
Glad that you arehaving such a good time Jenny. Shame about the weather, but I guess it is winter. LOL about you all getting looks with your laptops - one very wired family!
I agree with Raewyn, you guys have such cool holidays. Don't forget Whangarei and the North when planning the next holidays hint hint!!
I know what you do on your lap tops but what do your guys do?? Just being curious.
I LOVE Pilot Bay Jenny & what a perfect photo you have of it. I agree with Raewyn, you have the most wonderful family holidays.
Great to catch up on your holidays via your blog Jenny (thanks for mentioning me LOL).
Isn't the KatiKati museum quaint?!
Post a Comment