Monday dawned wet and miserable after a very lazy morning and late breakfast we set off to explore our surroundings. Very impressive houses and apartment and motel blocks here at the Mount. The beach is beautiful and just goes on forever. We drove down as far as Papamoa and then turned in and went to BayFair - a large shopping mall that was not too impressive. We did some grocery shopping making sure we had lots of decadent supplies and headed back to our cottage to unpack and have a late lunch. Ross decided that he was going to make up a platter for lunch and he did - antipasto, cold meat, cheese, crackers, breadrolls etc. It was so lovely! After a leisurely lunch we headed to Pilot Bay beach - across the road! Then the rain came back again and we all had to run back. The three boys then went to see Transformers and I tried to find some of my holiday treat - dukkah! No one has it here though which is rather backward, I think!
Anyway, on to Tuesday and the weather started out good. Adrian and I walked aound the Mount (about 3km) and the boys went over the top (232m high ). We were quite tired when we goy back and Colin slipped in the mud on the way down so we headed back so he could change.
After a late lunch at the Stars & Stripes (very yummy and filling) here we are all four of us on the Internet drinking coffee and "chatting" to the world! Can you see my very "girlie" pink laptop bag there?
PS How do I rotate a photo in Blogger??? Done - as Sharlene suggested! Thanks
5 comments:
Sounds like you are having a lovely time Jenny! I think you have to rotate the pic before you upload it.
Looks like you guys are having a wonderful time, love that pic of you all with your laptops going. Hope the weather improves for you and you manage to find some dukah.
I love the photo of you all with your laptops. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time.
HAHA funny the code I have to type in has WET as it's last 3 letters.
beautiful scenery, glad you are having fun.
right click on the photo before uploading and then rotate either clockwise or counter clockwise.
Hope it's not as wet today. How can a place like Tauranga not have Dukkah?!
Post a Comment