Yes it was sunny on Sunday even though it was cold. That didn’t however, stop Colin getting into the sea – that child does not feel the cold at all. We spent the morning on the beach and the boys dug a big tunnel in the sand under a large log while Adrian and I sat reading …and I took lots of photos. We then came home to a late lunch of anti-pasto things and a glass of wine followed by coffee and chocolate! The boys all watched a movie and I sat down at Pilot Bay watching a large log ship leave, yachts and other assorted recreational boats sailing around. Adrian and I went for a long walk together and now it’s getting dark, some wine is in order!
We went to Hamilton early-ish on Monday morning and arrived at the control tower at the airport for our midday rendevouz to see what happens there. The boys got bored quite quickly but were very good none-the-less. Then we headed to Hamilton Zoo - what a lovely zoo! We spent all afternoon there and left as it was getting dark. We booked in at the Novotel and then picked up some chinese take-aways to have at the home of our friend Vaughan (another SA-can who has been here just a few months less than us). We had a lovely evening there and then had dessert in town before heading for bed.
After breakfast at the hotel, Adrian and I had a quick walk along the Waikato river front - quick because it was so cold in Hamilton this morning! Our next stop was Hamilton Gardens and again we just loved them! Five theme gardens which in summer must be stunning. At the same time we found anothe geocache. The boys then headed back to the river to find another geocache after dropping me at my friend Vicky's house. Her young Kaya is just too cute!! And I do so fel for tiny Arlo and his colic. We had a lovely chat and then it was time to head back to Tauranga. It is freezing cold here today and we're thinking of going home early - possibly on Thursday and stopping at our favourite Waikite hot pools, overnight in Taupo and then home on Friday
I'll post some photos from our Hamilton trip from Starbucks sometime
2 comments:
Love reading about your trip.
Great that you got to meet up with Vicky too
Enjoyed reading about your trip and looking at your photos
Post a Comment