Backtrack to my broken coffee pot - it lost its handle about a year ago and has irritated me every single day! I went looking at new ones and the same size one had gone up nearly $30! But the next size down was $90. I decided not to buy it
Twice my older son has asked me for the $30 to go shopping. I said to him that maybe what I should do is take the $30 each that I would have given each of them to shop and just add in another $30 of my own and I could have my new coffee pot.
He went one better - he said the two of them would each give me $15 towards the coffee pot so "my" $30 would not be necessary. I came home with the pot today and he took it immediately to his bedroom as he said that was for Christmas day!
He went one better - he said the two of them would each give me $15 towards the coffee pot so "my" $30 would not be necessary. I came home with the pot today and he took it immediately to his bedroom as he said that was for Christmas day!
What a silver lining in all this mess that surrounds my life! Time for me to focus on my awesome sons
7 comments:
yay for the coffee pot and what thoughtful boys you have, have a wonderful Christmas Jenny xx
great son!
You have fabulous boys Jenny, love from all of us to all of you. It will be a fabulous Christmas for you all with many new memories created
And there is reason to celebrate right there in this post...
Yay for your boys... you raised yourself a wonderful pair of lads!
And the coffee pot will be all the more special...
how cool is that!!!
my advice is to make christmas what YOU and the BOYS want now!!! thats what i did!!!
my parents broke up christmas day and then a few years later my Nana died christmas eve.....since then we have had to make an effort to enjoy this time!!!
so made new traditions!!! best thing ever for me!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
What an awesome story. It's nice to know your boys love you so much:) Hope this Christmas day goes really well and you can begin your new year on a positive note. Hxx
that is so thoughtful of your boys to do that. Jenny, take a bow and take the credit for the way in which you have raised them both.
Post a Comment