Monday, December 05, 2011

Christmas Cupcakes

I decided I wanted to make red cupcakes with white icing for morning tea at school ..... mainly because I found theses really cute sprinkles: red and white minty tasting candy canes; and red and green trees. I was going to use a red velvet cake recipe but then decided that I could just use our family chocolate cake recipe. The original recipe calls for a whole bottle of red food colouring! The mixture very red and Colin, who tasted it, said that he expected it to taste like strawberries
When they came out the oven they had darkened up a bit ... because of the cocoa
Iced! I bought some icing whitener but ended up having to use all of it for this icing mix. I am going to try another brand next time. Aren't the sprinkles cute?!
Cut open - a rich deep red in a chocolate cupcake
Can't wait to try one!

6 comments:

mandyb said...

one word for you

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

how cool!! good on ya...look devine!!

aliciaj said...

Ooh Yum. I love the look of that swirly icing.
Also I love that you have changed your blog name. The new name is perfect.

topkatnz said...

Very cool! were they yum? Love the new blog header BTW:)

Penny said...

yummity!

Jenny in Durbs said...

Looks so good & yummy.
Its too hot to bake in durban - thats my excuse & I am sticking to it.

Jenny in Durbs said...

Looks so yummy. Your blog is looking so good.