Thursday, December 15, 2011

Moving forward

Today I joined the gym! Yes, you heard right ... fat, unfit Jenny joined the gym. I will go for a half-hour session every week starting next Wednesday. It's a bit of a different gym in that they have a few people at a time, personal train you, and then move on to the the next person. I am very nervous as I haven't been in a gym for a hundred years. I don't even have any clothes or shoes to wear!

Then, I'm going to take charge of my eating and drinking. Cut back on food, not eat it just because it's there or because it's nice. And cut back on drinking - two or three glasses or a bottle a night is not good for me. There - I've said it - I drink a lot. Except tonight - I may need to drink tonight. I'm scared that I may even want to drink too many sleeping tablets tonight too

Right now, I am praying for an outcome that I want, an outcome that will make me happy, an outcome that will take work, trust, and effort and love. Please pray for that outcome for me

6 comments:

Penny said...

good on ya for joining the gym! Don't worry too much about what to wear - go for comfy. But do get good shoes and a decent bra. Wish I could help out tonight...

Anonymous said...

hmmm... my mind is racing as to what is happening this weekend!! Whatever it might be - I hope it works out the way you want it to.

As for the sleeping tabs - i love them. Frequently enough I *forget* how to get to sleep, and when that happens it just becomes stupid how I can't get to sleep. I take just half a tab for a night or two - just enough to break the pattern of not sleeping and get me on track.

I was given them when I was having some issues that I was struggling to deal with - and learned quickly that drugs can be your friend.

topkatnz said...

Oh good on you Jenny! Very very proud of you. You will amaze yourself at just what you are capable of. When do you start?

Irene said...

Go Jenny, what a decision maker you are:-)
Just remember little steps at a time. Hope you enjoy your gym sessions

Anonymous said...

fantastic! sounds like you're in a more positive frame of mind and I'm happy to hear it. Little steps with the changes, you can do it!

Mrs Frizz said...

Baby steps and one day at a time ... hugs ...