Today we had another garage sale - this time to try to get rid of all my Dad's tools and other assorted treasures. Neither my Mom or I could believe how much he had - some of it brand new in the packets that he'd never opened. Amazing what some "shoppers" do: four early on the morning wanted lots of stuff for next-to-nothing. I wasn't going to let that happen. They picked up a torch, dropped it on the concrete and of course it broke. They put it back on the table! I told them that in the real world people pay for what they damage and that would be $5. They didn't buy anything but I did get my $5 from them! Another man was so great - he wanted lots of stuff and made really reasonable offers for it all. Most people are honest and will offer a fair price. So we did well - I was pleased but we have another whole garage sale worth of stuff to go!
I am tired to my bones - I'm so tired of being everything to everyone at the moment and no time left for me. I go to school, come home cook, go to bed, can't sleep and then it all starts again. "Please will you"; "Can you take me"; "Can you do"; Can you phone" is all I seem to hear at the moment. There is not enough time during the weekend to do the laundry, the groceries and everything else as well as just have a rest. Actually I need to stop now because I'm making myself sad! I really admire single parents.
On a sad note, I had to take my mom and her cat to the vet on Tuesday and the cat was put to sleep. My mom is really sad about that.
6 comments:
So sorry to hear about your Mums cat:( Sounds like you did a fantastic job at the Garage Sale! go you for getting the broken torch paid for! It's hard to be perpetually tired with no real support - but you WILL come through this. hugs H.
sorry to hear about your mums cat......YAH about the garage sale being a success though!!!
sending hugs your way xxxx
I so hear you on the everything to everyone thing, and the endless routine treadmill that takes it out of you.
Are you able to do online grocery orders? I find that really helps when time is pressing, and I don't have to go on the weekend (which I hate). It still means you have to sit down and order them but with online lists and stuff it is quite good.
I too am sorry to hear about your mum's puss. Give her a hug from us all. Great stuff on the garage sale and good on you for getting the dollars for the broken torch. You know I would come down in a flash and give you a break but not sure how my cooking would go with your boys, can't use the phone and can't drive. LOL.... But I'm really good with the laundry and housework :D Big huggles for you!
big hugs ... you will have to take a little time out for yourself, before you crash and burn ... you've got to take time out for you ... just for 'you' ... the boys can spend some time in the kitchen this weekend and can help with the housework.
That sounds bossy and I don't really mean it to be - honest!
You need to have a little 'you' space.
Oh Jen my heart aches for you but just hang in there. Housework is the worst at any time, maybe get the boys to do the shopping now Ross has his license ! Love & hugs from us all in Durbs
Post a Comment