Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Up and Down

That's me - I've been up and down over the last couple of weeks. Doesn't help that we've had to write reports at school and proofread someone else's. With no extra time - just do it in your spare time. Lots of "cut-and-paste" went on.

Today a piece of stone arrived to fill the gap next to my stove - the gap has been there for two years! I must say that it looks very nice and so I decided to polish the stove quickly to match the new piece of stone. The extra piece of stone is on the right and I'm amazed at the reflection I'm getting

Buddy, the rainbow lorikeet arrived just after we got back from China but we have decided to give him back. He is a lot of work and needs lots of attention and we just can't do that for him right now.

Today I feel as though I've been in a washing machine - soaked, spun around and wrung put.

Next week Ross resits his restricted driver's license test - I hope he gets it this time!

An early night and hopefully I will sleep well


7 comments:

Jenny in Durbs said...

wow a lot going on. You need the sleep. Please tell Ross we are all rooting for him & that will take a lot of pressure off you - if he can fetch Colin sometimes & your Mom. Love & hugs

Penny said...

The stone looks great! So nice not to have a gap - we have one and it's a pest. Good luck to Ross - bit of pressure on him there :P Just gotta do your best with this stuff eh. I had to get my restricted in a hurry too because Mum & Dad went away for 6 months and my g-parents came to look after us. Pop could drive but he wasn't used to the city so I ended up doing most of it. Great practice though.

TracyP said...

I think about you often Jenny. I look forward to seeing you next month and giving you a big hug in person ... but for now (((HUGS)))

topkatnz said...

Up and down indeed! Hope you can start seeing the light at the end of the tunnel soon. Sorry to hear that the Lorikeet didn't work out:(

mandyb said...

sounds busy alright!!!
hope you get a moment to chill this weekend!!!!

Irene said...

constantly thinking about you and all the decisions you need/have to make

alicia said...

Jenny, Sorry Buddy didn't work out. I hope you have more ups than downs.
I have tried and tried and I can't work that photo out. Is the timber wall, floor or ceiling?