Sunday, May 22, 2011

Scrapping yesterday

Yesterday I went scrapping - haven't been for two months and yesterday I didn't have to consider anyone except myself! It was fantastic - for eight hours I didn't need to check on anyone, take anyone, show anyone, phone anyone - just look after me and do what I wanted to do. I didn't realise how much I had been giving everyone else until yesterday. And the world kept on turning (lol given that an idiot in the US was predicting the end of the world!)


This is from two fundraising events I was involved in for the Christchurch Earthquake appeal, Again, I have done more journalling on the back. Hopefully this will count for the ScrapBox c/s only competition .... although why I'm entering I don't know - they only choose "the best" and "the best" I am not; however, it's MY photos with MY stories that I'm telling

This photo is of Ross and Colin before we left SA taken at a play park of which I've forgotten the name.

Then the two annual "school photos and reports" l/o - the pockets came from Scrappin Patch and while I thought they were too brown, I'm not unhappy with them. The photos are blurred and I' ve tried to get rid of any names for privacy reasons

Today I have five loads of washing on the line (I hope the sun shines all day) and then I have to go and help my mom get sorted for a garage sale we're planning on having next week.

I am feeling happier and my husband wants us to do some counselling sessions through the Family Courts. Thank you to all of you who have written messages of love and hope here, sent me emails or messages on FB, sent me flowers, prayed for me and given me hope - I love all of you. Not sure what the outcome will be, but at least I can start thinking of a future now.

8 comments:

Danice said...

Hooray for scrapping time! and you used it well! and youre damn right about them being YOUR photos and YOUR layouts, but you would be surprised at how whatever you do might well encourage and inspire others, and it sure doesnt have to b the best to do that! thank you for sharing :D

Irene said...

You sound like a new "Jenny' and very refreshed. Well done with your scrapping day

mandyb said...

YAH for a day FOR YOU!!!
love all those layouts...you ahve been busy!!!!
and isnt this sun (and washing being OUTside) the best!!!!

Beverley said...

It was good to see you scrapping yesterday ... love how that layout finished up, with it's extra 'bits' and the title added!

Vicki said...

Definitely your photos and your stories. I love your Chch Rise Up one but being a Cantabrian might be just a tad biased, but it did bring a tear to the eye. LOL

Roo said...

Yay so glad you got to have some good scrapping time for just you. Love 'your' lo's ♥

Penny said...

You do sound more cheery Jenny - and I am happy about that. Creativity is so valuable for maintaining us human beings on an even keel, at least that is my opinion anyway! :)

topkatnz said...

Glad to hear you managed to get some well-deserved time-out; and go you on all that creativity. Love your Scrapbox LO and all it represents:)
Wishing you all the best with Hubby.