Sunday, March 28, 2010

Fun!

Oh I've just been involved in the best fun! Over at Scrappin' Patch, many of them went away to a Retreat. Nicki decided we should have an online retreat for those of us who couldn't go. Mandy and I jumped in to help. Poor Nicki ended up having to work all weekend but there was lots of fun anyway. I had a Treasure Hunt - twenty questions whose answers could be found all through the SP website. By 7pm tonight, some of the ladies were nagging me incessantly for question #20 - and I was trying to eat my dinner! I haven't laughed like that in such a long time - my family thought I was mad.

Anyway, here's what I did:

Challenge #2:Use one piece of patterned paper, as much c/s and embellishments as you like but no flowers

Nicki's challenge: Use old punches
I didn't do Mandy's but I did a few other l/os:

The Kanuka tree that we planted at Cape Reinga
Colin's first boat fishing trip
My god-daughter's quilt (but it needs a title)
It's the last week of term - Yay! And next weekend is Easter. And in two weeks time the pin will come out my foot - I'm over it as it hard to shower, hard to sleep and hard to walk!
I also got a wonderful little parcel of things from my SIL and wanted to take a photo, but I started using it all!

4 comments:

mandyb said...

was a good time wasnt it!!!

Jenny in Durbs said...

Those are the most gorgeous lay outs, i think the first using the dots/circles is my best but they are super. Great way to spend a weekend.

Anonymous said...

There is absolutely nothing wrong with your style of scrapbooking! You did really well.

Tip for the pin in the foot and sleeping - get a cardboard box and take one side out and put it over your foot with the bedcothes over it. If it's cold you might need to put a sheet or towel over your solitary foot.

topkatnz said...

Well a great lot of scrapping there, and so glad to hear you had such fun. Such a cool idea - I'm even a tad jealous!WTG