Saturday, March 06, 2010

6th March - such an original title!

Yesterday was my Mom's 80th birthday - that's just amazing! We went out to dinner at Cafe Vella in Plimmerton - very nice.


This morning, Hubby and I woke up really early so we decided to head over the hill to the Martinborough Fair. We stopped at McD's in Johnsonville on the way for breakfast. Did you know that a BLT Bagel is only four WW points? That did me for breakfast. We got there and sat in the car and waited for the rain to stop which didn't take long. We first bought some coffee which was so good and then walked around the Fair. We have been looking at wall art for awhile and found some pieces that we liked, but none that really struck us. We have had an idea in our heads of what we want so we're going to make a "test" piece - a small canvas and if it works we'll buy a bigger canvas and make our own.


I found a bag I liked even though I am still searching for the "perfect" one. This is reversible but I like the cats on the outside. Then we bought some great hot cross buns. I was looking for the berries and ice cream stall and although I saw people eating them, I never found it so a raspberry fruit ice cream sufficed. Of course, as I finished my ice cream, I found the "right" place. I didn't buy another one. I was looking for something for my two boys but the was just nothing for teenage boys unless they were into caps. Lots of jewellery and other trinkets though.




I also got a bit of scrapping done for some competitions:

Purple Cottage for Scrappin Patch Patch it Up

More Birds, also for Scrappin Patch

And The Parrot Place for Scrapbook Dreams more than four (or eight on a double) photos

On Monday I am having a small foot operation to correct a hammer toe. I am quite stressed about that, but even more worried about making sure that I've left enough work at school for all my classes. The operation is Monday afternoon, so I'll go to school in the morning then have Tuesday and Wednesday as sick leave. On Thursday it it the Wellington Secondary Schools Bowls Championships and both boys are taking part so I'm off school for that day too. I was hoping to use some time on Friday to get organised as I had two delightful policemen in my classroom. They have been at the Police College for two weeks learning how to present the DARE programme. However, I had to spend quite a bit of time helping them (it was fun) so didn't get anything else done. I have some photos but I don't want to show any faces and rather than "colouring" the faces in Paint, is there any other easy way of blurring faces? I have Paint and PSE4.

2 comments:

Nic said...

you've been busy with the patch things, are you coming down for their retreat? Good luck for your foot op tomorrow :)

Jenny in Durbs said...

congrats to your Mom thats incredible. Lots of prayers for your foot op. Hope the boys do really well again & hope you're back to normal soon.