I had a foot operation yesterday to correct a hammer toe which was causing a constant fungal infecting in the toenail. Th op was fine but I really don't do anaesthetic very well. I came out of theatre with an oxygen mask on and then they took me back to the ward after about 15minutes. I was fine, but started to feel really sick so back came the oxygen and an anti nausea IV for nearly two hours. Around 8.30pm they asked if I was staying the night, but I knew I would be better at home in my own bed and with some decent food in my stomach. I'm not sure that they were happy though. I left in a wheelchair, with a crutch and a boot for my foot! I got home to two boys who were very pleased to see me! I'm home today (been in bed most of the day) and tomorrow and Thursday I have Wellington Secondary Bowls Championships although the weather forecast is not too flash so I'll just spend another day at home. Here's my foot - the bit sticking out the top is a pin with a bead on which will come out in about two - to four weeks time. The bead was catching on everything so hubby put some tape over it. Showering's going to be fun!!

Flowers my two boys bought me!

And then I have three very clever boys here: we had arranged for our house to be painted but over two months later we haven't seen the painters. Adrian put up some scaffolding frames and bought another four from TradeMe. Then we bought ten planks from Bunnings (driving them home on the Odyssey was another story!) and then they put them up. First job to water blast is done and now they can slowly paint.

I also managed to get my Project 12 February l/o done

Then this morning when I logged I had a wonderful request from the lovely Shell at
Scrapbook Dreams: she wanted to use my Parrot Place l/o in her newsletter and when I find out how to link it, I'll add that link here. In the meantime, just go along to
Scrapbook Dreams and signup for the newsletter! Update: I can't link it here, but I can email it to you if you want it
Oh and on Sunday we went to buy some shirts for Adrian and I also found some bargains. So I bought three winter tops - not one, but two sizes less than what I currently am wearing!
2 comments:
Woo Hoo you rock well done on the l/out and sizes. Yuk to the foot you are very brave. enjoy this time off & get better.
Hugs to you.
ugh - I know what you mean about the anesthetic affects.
Hope the foot is doing well and you are managing to get around, shower and all that sort of thing.
Post a Comment