Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Foot, scrapping, end-of-term

I went to the surgeon today and I was really hoping that I would loose the pin, and the "boot" and be able to have a wonderful shower tonight! I lost the bandages but the pin is still there. My toe is lovely and straight and he's pleased with the healing. The stitches will dissolve but my foot looks dreadful! I still have to keep my toes dry but I think showering will be a bit easier. I can't wear shoes so will have to keep the "boot" still until 9th April when the pin will come out.
It was scrapping on Saturday and I had a lovely day! I got eleven l/os done and two of them were doubles. Of course it's my plain and simple style and packing page kits that helps. I even finished all the journalling and titles on Sunday and the l/os went straight into my album without me taking any photos of them. I'll try to take some photos over the coming weekend.
It's end of term so it's very busy. Last night I got home at 7.30pm after leaving home before 8am as it was parent-teacher meeting night. I have no more than one packet of stewing steak and some frozen fish the freezer and can't get to the butcher until Saturday. It will be creative meals this week. Working full time is really hard when you're trying to be a good parent and supervise homework etc as well!

3 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Ouch - that foot looks painful! Hope it heals up quickly Jenny ;-D You sure are going to have to think up some creative meals for this week - will be a good exercise in going through the larder...

topkatnz said...

Bother about not being about to wear 'real' shoes - but it is all looking good. Ahhhhh, eating is soooo over-rated!good luck!

Jenny in Durbs said...

Whew I must tell you it looks yuk LOL but I am sure will be better soon. Hope you make it through the week foodwise you're very creative !!!