Monday, September 01, 2008

This and That

About six weeks ago, I had a recurrence of the inner ear infection and ran out of medication. I went to the doctor for more and whilst I was there, she found a heart murmur so off to the cardiologist for me. After an ECG, an Echo test (ultra sound) and then a consultation, there was no serious problem at all. Just a very expensive waste of three hours! Thanks goodness for medical insurance as it was nearly $1000!

Colin is really growing up in this time while he's away. He is maturing and just becoming his own person. He does enjoy the freedom of small town living. His "family" will really miss him when he comes home. I, however, am looking forward to having him home

Our seniors have been away (well not really away) from school the last week. They have had trial exams so only had the juniors (year 9s and 10s) and it's been quite nice. I did work very hard on my marking and got it all done before the weekend.

Talking of juinors, I'm always very strict on my classes at the beginning of the year and later on it's relatively easy to deal with them as I have set the ground rules and they know what I expect. This is often rather difficult as I "find" the problem kids early on and suffer because others don't have a problem. Later on in the year, however, others start having big problems. This year it is no different - big problems with the Year 9 class I teach - got to have a meeting with their other teachers tomorrow about them. As my HoD says, I am probably having very few problems with them now as I set the standards early on. Oh well, I'll go to the meeting and keep quiet

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to check these things out though. Good luck with your meeting.

Roo said...

That is so scary about the heart thing but so glad that all is ok. Expensive but good for peace of mind.
I hope my boy has a teacher like you once he gets to high school - hhmm maybe I should move to Wellington :-)

Penny said...

glad there wasn't anything serious to find :)

Hope the meeting goes okay.