Tonight we had parents' evening for the senior students. Reports from the mock exams were sent home last week and this was a follow up. I was at school at 8am this morning and didn't get home until just after 7pm. Ross was by himself with no dinner prepared.
So what's the point of this ramble? Well, I had kids say to me theri parents couldn't get there early as they had to work and then go home and cook etc etc. What??!! I, of course, don't have a family that need to be fed. This is important - it's about your child's (lack of) progress at school. Surely you leave your job early or you get take aways (like we did) so that you can talk to your child's teacher? Or am I of the minority? And then some don't even bother to turn up even with an appointment.
And then they'll blame us because their little darling didn't pass/get enough credits. Roll on Friday!!
6 comments:
Hang in there chickie - it's nearly break time.
There's always parents like that eh. Don't think I could handle being a teacher on interview night.
I'm always amazed at how few folks turn up to stuff like this.
My goodness, that is terrible that the parents don't care enough to come to the interviews.
Scott & I always go & if it means Scott has to take time off work, well then that is what he does.
I don't know how teachers stay sane.
Last day tomorrow, I hope you have a good one.
If someone makes an appointment they should definitely take the time to turn up ... how rude!!!!
Hi Jennie
I know how you must feel, it's so important to catch up on what our kids are doing and if parents can't spare one evening a year it is a poor show.
This year I'm afraid I had the opposite problem, I arrived at my son's school having made the appointment times with his teachers, and left work early only to find that at least 3 of the teachers had not stayed on to see the parents who had made appointments with them, me being one of them, so I can appreciate your frustrations.
Have a good break and try to relax ready for the next onslaught :)
mmm, it's tricky. luckily our school as different options for the interviews...afternoon or evening and normally over two days.
some of the teachers at school use blogs to share the subject matter and events of the classroom but you need the face to face for the interviews!
Yay for term break!
Post a Comment