Tuesday, September 02, 2008

My complaint today

Now most of you know that I am a secondary school Maths teacher. If I was teaching YOUR child I am sure that you would expect me to teach them correctly?

So why are primary school teachers exempt from teaching correctly? I'm talking about the following:
you're not your
you not youse
could have not could of (would have not would of)
they're; there and their used correctly
the difference between bought and brought (bought/ buy and brought/bring)
and don't get me started on the correct use of an apostrophe
and I haven't even started on the Maths!

And let me say at this point that there are some wonderful primary school teachers out there who do all this correctly and a lot more

Just my complaint for the day

3 comments:

Roo said...

I so agree. It drives me batty when the wrong word is used. I am not too flash on the apostrophes though but I try. Another thing about school is that they are always changing the formulas - especially in maths, so helping my son with his homework is so hard because I do the working out differently - eek! Okay and that's my rant over lol

karin said...

your post made me laugh today, thanks for sharing your complaint!
take care
k
xx

Penny said...

ugh... youse - I can't stand that.

Perhaps you need to share that book Eats, shoots and leaves. ;)