Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ships that Pass in the Night

That's what we are at the moment - both of us have so much on. There's the bi-annual Tawa Music Festival and all the practices, Parents night at school, then I'm going to fetch Colin next weekend which all makes for a very busy couple of weeks where we will barely get to see each other.

Yesterday I went scrapping and managed to do four l/os in a very short time and mostly using SBO kits ..... actually the paper add-ons. I love these as I get eight pieces of cardstock and usually two pieces of patterned paper that all co-ordinate and I don't have to do the thinking. There's a bit of a joke going on at SBO (yes Vicki and Lainie) right now about me using the kits to wall paper the house as I certainly don't use it for scrapping!! No time, no time. Most of them need journalling and/or titles but I'll get to that in the holidays

Well, here they are:


These two old photos of the boys sitting in the dishwasher?!
Paper is from an SBO kit
c/s is core'dinations with a light green core (looks white in the photo)


Ross making towers out of playing cards -
I am hoping to win a TM auction for miniture cards to use on this
Little Yellow Bicycle paper
Red "corrugated" c/s


Ross playing bowls this year
SBO kit
I liked the patterned paper as it looked a bit like the coloured bowls they use
I am also going to put this into the NZ Dares extremes of scale challenge because when I cut the word "Bowls" I was surprised at how big it was but I think it looks good with the smaller photos on the left and also the little circles on the patterned paper


Colin in 2006 when he was the bell ringer at school
SBO kit

I used my WishBlade to cut the titles but still feel as though I'm learning what to do with it.

Only one week left of this term and I really won't be sad when it's over. My Year 10 class is so hard because there are a number of really lazy kids in the class who won't work and this has affected the rest of the class. Some of the girls have started being silly and when I spoke to them theysaid "Miss, they diss us if we work". I can see that a number of the other boys' work has steadily gone downhill this year and I really am distressed about it. Any suggestions?

The is not much time left with the seniors - 2o school days with my Year 12s and 21 with my Year 11s - funny but I'm the only one who's worried!
Well, I'd better get on and ice the cake to take down to choir practice for the director who turns 65 today. Have a good last week those of you who are teachers/have children at school

7 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

Know all about ships passing in the night ... DH is a shift worker and every week, we pass each other - lol.

Good to see you scrapping and taking a little 'me' time for yourself.

Trace said...

Hmm it's not showing me your layouts, tempermental computer LOL! I'm not much help when it comes to teenagers sorry - though having said that, have you read any of Nigel Latta's books? One is called 'Read this before your teenager's drive you crazy' His books written for parenting younger children are great - fun to read and good sensible advice.

Roo said...

Wow you have been super busy - glad that you are getting some scrapping done too. Great lo's.

Lainie said...

Way to go Jenny, absolutely love those pics of the boys in the dishwasher.

Sorry can't help with the teens, I'd be the last one to ask....my neices just laugh at me.

Penny said...

Hee hee at the dishwasher demons! I reckon the mini cards will look great fanned out on the red.

Not sure I can help with the teen thing. I've just started reading a book called Mindset : the new psychology of success by Carol S. Dweck that is proving quite interesting.
Can you make the work more like a video game where they have to reach certain levels to get sertain priviledges? Or work in groups to acheive stuff?
I don't envy you working with them Jenny! I'm sure you are doing your best, you can't blame yourself for other people's lack of application.

Unknown said...

I love those layouts Jenny. I don't know how to motivate children I have enough problems trying to motivate mine let alone other people's.

Paula said...

Great layouts Jenny. I don't know how you find the time. Sorry can't help at all with the kids. I'm a bit scared of that age!!