Sunday, September 14, 2008

Another weekend at the Mountain

This time we went on Thursday because the plan was to go up the mountain on Friday (before the crowds) to see what Colin could do. Unfortunately on Friday the weather was so bad that we went to Taupo instead. Saturday's forecast wasn't great, but we decided to go anyway. e got up the mountain and there were crowds of people there, but we headed down to Happy Valley. Colin gave Adrian and Ross some instructions, but Adrian really struggled and gave up. Ross, however, took to it like a duck to water. He was off and skiing very quickly. Around lunchtime, the sun was shining so much that we were just in short sleeves. Then it started snowing - thank goodness for the right clothing. We all kept warm and dry.



Today, the weather as beautiful and the sun was glistening off the snow. Colin said that when the sun set tonight the snow was glowing pink. Some of my photos were blurred which is disappointing.
Mt Ruapehu

Tongariro on the left and Ngauruhoe on the right

Just two weeks of term to go and I will be really pleased.

7 comments:

Trace said...

It just looks gorgeous - I love that errie feeling you get when it starts snowing and you can't see for miles! Stange LOL! Yes, the countdown has started, roll on the end of term!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful weekend Jenny. You must be counting down the days to the end of term.

Penny said...

Not long to go now!

I tried skiing once on my honeymoon. Let us just say I was not a natural.

Anonymous said...

3 cheers to Adrian for trying. I trie once, hated it. Thankfully the next time we went I was pregnant.

Sonya said...

That looks like such fun Jenny! We used to ski quite a lot, but now snow and wheelchairs are not a good look!!

karin said...

Just look at all the snow, and here in SA it is hot as hell!!
take care
k
xx

Lara said...

seems such a long time ago (9 years) since I walked up Ngarahoe!... and these photos make me feel really sad that we haven't taken our kids up to the snow this year.. sure there's some around the yard. We must take them skiing next year! Yay to Adrian for giving it a go!