Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Funny neighbours

Last night when we got home, there was a plastic bag with a parcel in it and a card attached to it at our post box. I opened the card and this is what it said:

To J & A,
This morning I witnessed your black cat with the white paws, soiling in my garden. The evidence is contained in the jar.
This garden, a rose garden, is a memorial to our deceased infant son and it distresses us greatly that your animals soil in it and destroy the plants with monotous regularity. It is not only a health issue but incredibly destructive. Today I have lost 3 Petunias last week 6.
Today I retun to you the evidence. The next time I will be seeking reimbursement. Your animals are persistent offenders
Regards
K

Now this lady lives across the road from us. Her next door neighbours have four cats and our neighbours have two. This lady lives on a corner property and has no fence or wall or hedge around her house. She goes outside and shouts at children/teenagers if they dare to walk on her lawn. She had shouted at my boys before for looking into someone else's car. I could tell you more but you get the gist.

I laughed when I opened it and threw "the evidence" in the rubbish bin. I am going to offer to get her some lion "doo" from the zoo as I believe that keeps cats away. I also wonder why she just doesn't turn the hose on the offending cats!

Actully, if she has time to check out "the offenders", gather up "the evidence", write a letter about it, and then deliver "the evidence" and the card, I think she needs to Get A Life!

PS Thanks for all your opinions and laughing with me! I phoned the Zoo and can't get pure Lion "doo" unfortunately. Roo (and others) have said moth balls. We've decided we're going to ignore her - how is she going to "seek reimbursement" anyway?

6 comments:

Roo said...

Oh golly - some people. Too funny to find that at your door. I agree why not turn the hose on the cats. Buy her a box of camphor moth balls and tell her to put them on the garden as cats don't like the smell. Or like you say - get a life.

Yvette said...

ROFLMAO

I'm sorry Jenny, that woman is a nutcase! She obviously has no life and has no clue about cats. What the heck are you supposed to do about it? Cats are their own boss not us.

Shelley said...

LOL Sorry Jenny but I was really laughing by the end of that post :) I can't believe how much effort she has gone to... makes you wonder if she DNA test the 'evidence' as well??? She could always plant something prickly under the roses to keep the cats away.

Penny said...

Oh dear - cats will go where they think it is nice to go! Her soil must be lovely and soft ;)

Yes - she really needs to get a fence if she is serious about protecting it. And try some deterrents like water pistols. If she has time to notice which cat is going there, she has time to squirt them.

I can understand her distress but cats will be cats and it is impossible for owners to control where they go to the toilet unless they are house-only cats.

Tracy said...

I agree with everyonelse, your funny neighbour definitely needs to get a life! Lion doo sounds like a good plan, lol!

Oscar T. Grouch said...

If it is a memorial to a lost son, I can understand her angst. Get some bubble wrap and offer to help her put it around the rose bushes. The cats do not like the feel on their paws.