Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Long weekend

I went scrapping on Saturday and even did a 6x12 l/o ala Meek! I will post it here when I take a photo of it.

Sunday we watched the Springboks win "we are the champions ...of the world" as I keep telling someone at school who gives me a hard time! :-) We also went to the Town Hall Land of Hope and Glory organ recital (totally wrong music given the Poms didn't win) which was fantastic. Dinner at Strawberry Fayre afterwards was yummy.

Monday we painted the stairwell and passageway but had to buy a new ladder before that could happen. It went really quickly and looks great.



Today the boys were playing down at school and found an injured baby bird. They brought it home and we have been feeding it and giving it water. We made a "nest" and it seems to have gone to sleep. The wing is very badly damaged and A. seems to think it won't fly (if it lives). If it does live, we will take it out to Nga Manu the bird sanctuary. It has a name: Tae - short for Tae-Kwon Dodo (from Ice Age) as it cannot fly. The boys have been feeding it mashed banana off an ice-lolly stick and giving it water from an eye-dropper. It has been eating and drinking.






3 comments:

Yvette said...

Go the Boks, I am so glad they won!
It sounds like your boys have such wonderfully gentle natures. I remember an earlier post where they were so great with a pre schooler and now they are looking after a sick baby bird. They are keepers for sure!

Penny said...

How is Tae doing?

Yay for scrapping!

Mrs Frizz said...

I was just about to say how wonderful your boys are, so gentle-natured ... and they obviously are ... it's a shame that Tae didn't make it ... but he had two special young men to keep him company in his last few days. That's got to be a very precious memory to scrap ...