Last night (Tuesday) was a total lunar eclipse visible in New Zealand and parts of Australia. I said I would wake the boys to see it when it started happening. The weather forecast was for cloud but they didn't mention the biting southerly! I went outside just after 9pm and started taking some photos and then got the tripod out.These photos were taken over the course of the night up until 10pm
9.45pm and you can just see the Earth's shadow coming over.
Lots of cloud around hence the bit of haze

Ten minutes later

10pm

The moon got darker and darker as the night went on ....and the wind got colder and colder! The boys went to bed just after 10pm and we weren't much later
5 comments:
Your photo's look fantastic Jenny, I am really embarassed about mine now! LOL!
Fantastic pics Jenny, looks like you had much better weather for moon watching than we did!
it was cool in every sense of the word!! Dh got some goodish ones though he was muttering about how he *needed* "that big lens I was telling you about". ;)
We had a cloudy night for the eclipse. We did set up the tripod & took a few photos between the clouds.
Your photos look really good.
Great photos Jenny. I need a tripod as all mine were moving shots. LOL!!
Cheers
Paula
Post a Comment