Sunday, August 12, 2007

Final CJ entry

My final CJ entry in the circle with some ladies in the US and Canada. The title was "What a Gamble" and I used our decision to come to NZ as my topic. I will parcel it up today and on Monday or Tuesday it will wing its way north-east. I have full size photos that I will be doing a similar l/o for me

Thanks for the comments everyone - on 31st August it's our 10 year anniversary here. My l/o will be along those lines. When I arrived here with a 3 year old and a 20 month old (I flew all by myself as Adrian was already here) it was to the news that Diana died.

10 comments:

Lynda said...

Very cool layout Jenny and good to have that story scrapped. Very pleased to hear you are doing a copy for you too.

Unknown said...

What a great cj entry. You chose a great topic for that them. I am glad that you feel you have won by coming out here.

Raewyn aka whinney said...

I can only imagine what a gamble it was moving from your familiar life to a new country, as I have never lived further than 15kms of my birthplace! Enjoyed reading your CJ entry Jenny.
Raewyn

Roo said...

Cool cj entry. Great that you have told the story. 10 years eh wow.
I think of you everytime we pick our our gooseberries lol

Irene said...

great CJ entry Jenny. I understand your gamble as I was the same but I didn't have 2 young children in tow

Monique said...

Hi Jenny, cool CJ page, I love the then and now pics...and a great interpretation of the topic...good on you for finishing your Jack...the new is up...get started now lol!!

Yvette said...

What a great take on the theme. And what great journalling. You guys are like so many families in NZ making a very tough decision to leave your home country and families behind to make a better life for yourselves, good on you!

Penny said...

That's neat Jenny - I like reading about your gamble and I'm so glad it turned out well.

Paula said...

Beautiful CJ Jenny. I know that gamble oh so well, but for us its not to far away from NZ. 10 years on I bet you are so pleased you made that scary decision.

Tracy said...

Love your layout Jenny, congrats on your 10 year anniversary in NZ :)