On Thursday when I got home from school, Colin was coughing and sneezing and told me he was getting a cold. At about 4.30pm he had a shower and put himself to bed. When I dished up the dinner, he ate nothing. By 9pm he was burning up with fever - he wanted a hot-water-bottle filled with ice! I cooled him down a bit and Adrian and I decided it was time for the doctor so I took him across to the hospital. Diagnosis - atypical pneumonia!! He asked the doctor if he would be able to play soccer on Saturday - "This Saturday, the day after tomorrow", she said, "uh no!" Straight onto a strong antibiotic with a prescription for more on Friday.
He slept in the bed with me and neither of us had a good night as he couldn't settle, couldn't breathe and generally felt sick. Friday we both stayed home and he had a good sleep in the middle of the day. He slept much better last night and is feeling a lot better today. I still won't let him do anything though as I don't want him to have a relapse.
I could not believe how quickly he deteriorated on Thursday, and while I'm not that keen on antibiotics, I really do believe that they have their place. People died in the past from this.
Great challenges over at SBO for Queen's Birthday weekend. I did the first challenge in an hour, but haven't even given a thought to the other two. Maybe I'll make a card for Jo & Mike (see below)
My prize arrived on Friday from SBO but I only had time to look. Lara has challenged me to use the big flower!
Now I need to print the journalling for my DWTS l/o and then post it. I'm not really happy with it, but it's done
1 comment:
so, how are the big flower plans going???
Post a Comment