Saturday, June 16, 2007

My boys today

Well, today saw us back at the hospital with Colin - we have been to the doctor or the hospital five times in the last 16 days. Colin woke this morning and that barking cough was quite a lot worse. Diagnosis - viral tonsillitis which is also causing asthma! He probably picked up the virus from someone at school and this asthma story in new. So now we have prednisone, and two inhalers and panadol....... and still he's barking terribly. There'll be no school now until possibly Wednesday or Thursday. Colin also went to play badminton last night and I wondered if that could have exacerbated this virus but he had such fun which I think he needed. He's desperate to get back to soccer and swimming and now badminton too.

Ross played soccer again this morning and so far this season their team has been on the losing end of all the games. Ross started playing left wing and has really found himself in that position except that he has been getting stage fright in front of the goals so I offered him an incentive - $10 per goal! Last week they lost 11 - 1 ...Ross scored the goal! He said time stood still for him and he saw the ball at his feet and the open goal in front of him. When time started again, he said he just kicked the ball and it went in! He was so pleased! Today they played a game, and at half time their team was 5 -0 up. They've never been in that position before! Ross finished the match having scored three goals himself and the final score was 10 - 2 to them. I was so proud of him (never mind that I'm now $40 poorer!) But what made me even prouder was that at half time, Ross and his mate (centre forward who got four goals) went to the coach and asked if they should stop scoring goals now. The coach told them they could carry on scoring goals. So he can be really arrogant at times, but he knows how to be a good sportsman who can now score goals!

Oh and I did go scrapping but was so not "in the zone" that I managed to do most of one l/o! Need to finish the journalling and I'll post it here

1 comment:

Penny said...

oh dear oh dear :-( Poor guy needs a break!

Good on Ross for scoring :-)