and I'm so excited! The presents are all wrapped and out waiting for the Tree to be moved. The tree is currently in the family room so I can enjoy it at night. Next week it will go to the lounge where we'll open presents.
In the holidays I usually wake the boys at a reasonable hour - on Christmas morning I will leave them to sleep. I'll wake and get coffee and go back to bed to check out the online world. When I'm ready, I'll get up, shower and dress and then start the cooking. I'll go out to pick up my mom, come back and we'll open presents.
Then it will be lunch time: boys' favourites - ham, roast fillet, roast potatoes, roast pumpkin, cauliflower cheese, peas and corn!
For dessert I'm doing little morsels of deliciousness! Everyone's choices and then some. Brandy snaps (petite baskets); ice cream (served in Santa cupcake papers(; jelly and cream (red and green layers served in tiny sherry glasses); chocolate cases filled with very-merry-cherries with a dollop of clotted cream; meringues with chocolate, raspberries and cream. yes, it sounds a HUGE amount, but they're all going to be small and this way we can have a little all afternoon
After last year's dreadful Christmas, all I can say is "roll on Christmas". it's going to be a lovely family day with lots of love and sharing
4 comments:
Sounds fabulous & delicious. I am also so excited Christmas is so near & yet so much to get done too lol.
yay! I'm keen for it to get here too. So long as Dad's present arrives in time! :-)
Jenny that sounds FABULOUS!!! Wish I could join you!!!
Well I'm sitting here drooling thinking about Christmas dinner.
Enjoy the upcoming festivities.
May 2013 be a wonderful year for you Jenny.
Take care.
Post a Comment