Wednesday, December 05, 2012

New Traditions

Christmas is a tough time in the new family. Your traditions of years gone by won't feel the same with one person missing; so make new traditions! My H bought a huge Christmas tree 15 years ago that we stopped using about four years before he left - last month I gave it away! He also bought a white fibre optic tree that is going to the Hospice Op Shop next week. Lots of shops have sales on now so I bought a new tree - it's mine - I chose it for our new traditions.

I also bought a new angel for the top of the tree


As a family, we would get up early have a special breakfast and open our presents. Then I would fetch my parents for for lunch. Our new tradition is that the boys and I sleep late, then I get up and fetch my mother and we open presents together before eating lunch. (My dad died 2.5 weeks after my H left so it's tough on all of us.) 

I cook some of the same dishes because that's what my boys want, but I've changed other dishes to cook what I want.

New traditions!


2 comments:

TracyP said...

Yay for making new traditions for YOU! xxx

Penny said...

Very good idea to make new traditions. :-) I also think as the family gets older that leaving some traditions behind and making new ones is a good idea.