Sunday, December 23, 2012

Bathroom renovations

The pink wallpaper in the bathroom and toilet had been peeling off for years and I decided I wanted it gone. Early in December, a builder stripped the wallpaper in the bathroom but forgot to do the toilet. At least I managed to get a photo of the wallpaper though!
 Details of the little diamond shapes on the wallpaper

We (but mainly Colin) stripped the wallpaper in the toilet earlier this week and we got ready to paint. First the holes (many of them) had to be filled. Once the filler was dry we sanded and then washed with sugar soap. Yesterday morning the undercoat went on


We also took off the cistern so that we could strip and paint behind. Those are holes in the wall!


Today we finished! We painted the walls in Resene's Corn Field, a very pale yellow




 In four week's time, I will be able to put the wall decals up that I bought. It was hard work this weekend (and who chooses to do renovations a few days before Christmas) but well worth the effort

3 comments:

aliciaj said...

Well done Jenny and Colin. It looks fabulous and you have both learnt new useful skills.

Penny said...

it looks really good - well done!

Jenny in Durbs said...

It looks lovely, well worth all that effort.