Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weekend of Sunshine

It was a lovely weekend and we even had sunshine! Not so much yesterday but today was glorious - temperature was up to about 16°C today.

Yesterday we took a lot of my Dad's old books to the second hand book seller. We got a very small amount for them and took the rest to the Rotary book sale drop-off. Adrian wanted to buy a small gift for someone at work whose wife has just had a son so I made a card. I was quite pleased with how it turned out. The baby's name is Daniel



Then I really liked the sketch competition at Scrapbook Outlet and have been wanting to scrap this photo for ages. It took me quite a while to cut the Mickey ears on the black c/s!

Today the sun shone so we got outside to patch the painting on the outside of the house. I also cooked some lamb shanks in the slow cooker so the whole house had a delicious aroma in it for most of the day. I have also perfected the recipe for sago with palm sugar and coconut cream from Monsoon Poon so we enjoyed more of that today.

I also put a colour and lowlights into my hair this morning but I'm not sure I like the look. I'll give it a few days and then decide whether to get rid of it or keep it.

Tomorrow is my turn at the doctors: first the chiropractor in the morning for my back. I have had lower back ache for as long as I can remember but only when I sleep! Then in the afternoon a trip to the GP for a cortisone injection in my knee. I have been hanging out for that for a few weeks now.

On Thursday I go to Senz which should be fun

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the Mickey photo, the boys were so little, but it has been ten years I guess.

Nic said...

looking forward to seeing you at SENZ Jenny!

Jenny in Durbs said...

Hey Jen the card is lovely & the l/o gorgeous. I hope the knee is ready & ENJOY senz - can't wait to hear all about it. Happy scrapping & travellings.