
Then I went to a Cuttlebug card class which was great but I think I had hoped I would get cards that I could repeat at home quickly

The same applied to the Cards for Men class - I will never do a guitar card like that one myself!

I also went to a Slice class with a view to buying one. If I didn't have a cutting machine, the hands free Slice would be fantastic but my WishBlade is better. However, I did have the title for one of the l/os I did cut for me on the Slice and I was pleased about that.
Not much shopping but I did buy some lovely felt birds and the felt cats looked just like Sally so of course I had to have them!
On the Friday night we went to the Scrappin' Patch crop which was great because I met quite a few people I only know online. Also met up with Mandy who lives in Wellington but I hardly ever see her! I did a few l/os one of which I can't put up here. The other one is a bout Speckles, Colin's cockatiel who very sadly died in Colin's hands the Wednesday night before I left. The title is cut on the Slice (at the class) using some almost reflective paper to represent the mirror that Speckles loved so much. I really miss that bird chattering to me!
Then, on the way home I took a few photos out the plane window which aren't stunning, however, the view really was! The snow covered mountains:
Wellington harbour: And of course there was my room mate Irene, and Katrina who shared our wine and dinner on Thursday night! Great evening
I hear that next year Senz will be in Auckland which I may go to depending on my SIL's nieces!
5 comments:
your cards and layouts look great... glad you got some goodies too. (ps love that bird layout so so touching)
I do like the layout you did, even though it is not something you would normally do, as with the cards.
I think that l/o is gorgeous(the pic of you & your Mum is really nice) I may have to scraplift that & the cards are different but nicely so. Speckles l/o is super & I bet Colin was pleased. Glad you met some blog friends & enjoyed. Hugs to you all.
Lovely cards Jen, your Mom is looking so well, she hasn't aged since I last saw her.
Nice to meet you Jenny! Love your cuttlebug cards!
Post a Comment