Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Only two days to go!

Oh my word I can't wait! And to think that next year three terms will be eleven weeks long - not sure how any of us will cope.

Ross and Colin are enjoying the Fifa World Cup; however, watching it live is not really user friendly for us. They did get up one morning at 2am to watch the All Whites play. Go the All Whites! Ross also got up this morning at 6am to watch Spain play Portugal. They are both very happy with their Bafana Bafana shirts that Aunty Jen sent! Hopefully I can get a better photo tomorrow or over the weekend!


Our Maths Dept (about seven teachers and 28 kids) are going to China next year so we are all busily fundraising. I have been baking a large chocolate cake on a Tuesday and a Thursday to sell at staff morning tea time. Ross has taken over now as he is raising money for the Barbershop National competition in September. The slices are $1 each and this is today's leftovers - which will be enjoyed by everyone here!

We are also selling chocolates - lots of variety here at $1.50 each and they are selling like hot cakes!

I am hoping that Colin will be able to go with us, but currently it is only open to Yr 11 & 12 students and he is in Yr 10 - but I'm sure that there will be cancellations closer to the time.

My Dad is not very well at all. I had to take him to the renal specialist last week who said he felt that Dad's kidney and heart are only working at 30%. The next day I had to take him to the doctor because his foot is so sore. When he took his socks off I could not believe what a dreadful sight it was! Swollen with a big wound under the heel and with a fungal infection all over it. My Mom has to soak his foot every day and put a special silver plaster on it. We go back next week to see if it has improved at all.

And I spent last Saturday in bed. Now for me to spend all day in bed I must really have been ill. Getting better now, though

This term has been very busy - Colin has sport almost every day; I have to take him to some of them and we have had meetings at least twice a week. Roll on next week when I don't have to rush or make school lunches!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Just catching up on blog reading. How exciting to have a trip to China in the pipeline. That is so exciting for you. Our Miss 15 has a trip to Germany at the end of next year (Year 12) but unfortunately no parents helpers needed. It's a 2 month exchange (we get to have the German host girl for 2 months after she gets home). School was never that exciting when I went!

Mel said...

How is your Dad doing? Such a worry when they are getting older and not well...