Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Books, Bowls and Blog link

So Penny will be very pleased to hear that I finally got a copy of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - what a lovely book! I really enjoyed the style of writing and the story.

Ross played in the Wellington Secondary Schools Bowls Championships last Thursday. He played pairs and he an his partner won three out of their four games which was unfortunately not sufficient to get into the semi-finals. It was a horribly windy day and most unpleasant to be outside. By lunch time the wind had dropped a bit so it did get better. I was a little annoyed as in the morning I had heard that lunch was an hour long so Ross and I went off to Janus Bakery and he got back and found out that he was late because lunch was only thirty minutes long. College Bowls is run by a couple of old ladies who really love their bowls but their organisation skills need a bit of work. No matter, they still had a good day. In the league, their triples team is currently top of the table with one game to go.

And the blog link? Well, I was looking for a word that means "competition" but begins with B to fit in with the Books and Bowls and couldn't find one but it is a blog link so go and look here for all the news.

6 comments:

Penny said...

Well I am glad you've enjoyed the book in any case :)

I'm going bowling this weekend. Never done it before- though I have played pentanque. Friend is turning 40 (ack must make card!) and party is at the bowling club.

topkatnz said...

ummmm ... battle? ... ok, prob not quite appropriate ... haha, I can just see us all now, battling to the death in a scrapping comp!!LOL

Sonya said...

Hi there Penny...Wendy...whoops sorry Jenny!! LOL! Nothing wrong with a nice long lunch hour if you had something tastie from the bakery. Fingers crossed for a creame egg - or two!

Sonya said...

Jenny- saw your comment on my Handmade, its never too late to make something for a friend!! I have you on my list!

Sonya said...

Hi ya, Just letting you know that I have tagged you! Check out details on my blog, hope you can play along.

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed last months book, the same can not be said about this months though. Well done to Ross and his partner in the bowls arena. Sounds like he will be a force to be reckoned with.