We headed north to National Park .... actually Owhango which is 20km north of NP. We went up because it was the national launch of the Kan Tabs for Kidney Kids new tins. These 4 litre paint tins were sponsored by Resene Paints and a great for putting can tabs, wine bottle tops, ginger beer tops in fact anything with a good aluminium base.
At the same time, we were presented with our Ruapehu Lions Club badges - we live the furtherest from our home Lions Club than anyone else lol!.
Anyway, back to Kan Tabs - please collect these and get them to your local Lions club. These bags, buckets etc make their way to National Park where they are bagged and weighed and then delivered to Wellington where the money raised goes to the Kan Tabs for Kidney Kids charity. Oh and if you are in Wellington, we are the collection point.
Then my lovely SIL got me to go to my tenth folder and post the tenth photo - in 2006 we were given tickets to watch the Hurricanes play some other team in a Super 12 (14?) match. They were hiding from the camera!
Then I have such a great sewing project happening but I can't say too much about it at the moment as someone comes visiting here regularly and I can't let her know!
Off to watch Dancing with the Stars - go Geraldine!
8 comments:
That brings back memories Jenny - I was in Leo's in my late teen years - what a lot of fun we had.
Hi & thanks for your comments. Didn't Geraldine do well? I'm not sure who I'm backing this year but I know a brother & sister i'd like to see gone!
Sounds like you've had some fun and raising money for a good cause too ... well done! congrats on getting your medals!!LOL
Trying to get over to the post office tomorrow! Sorry it's taking so long - but I can assure you it will happen. ;-) I need to get a good box and some bubble wrap so they don't break.
Interesting about the tabs - we had someone collecting them at work.
You seem to get around that island a bit!! Well done on the well-deserved medals...I see Heidi is one of your blog buggies...she is one of my favourites...such a funny girl...her blogposts always have me laughing...have you met her IRL?
Yes, congratulations on your medals, Jenny!
Looks like a fantastic and rewarding weekend.
I think Lions etc. are fantastic.
Hey good weekend, I like the thought of that fundraising - really easy for a worthwhile cause.The Lions (den ?) looks good too. Very keen to see your sewing project !!! LOL.
Cool photo Jenny! I have soo many photos on my computer that I forget whats there so the element of surprise was a worry doing this tag thing for me!!
Post a Comment