Thursday, February 19, 2009

Weekend and winning

ON Sunday morning there was The DomPost Walk the Bays - a walk around all the bays in Wellington. Before you fall off your chairs, no I did not walk (but I wish that I had). Adrian did and throughly enjoyed it. He did one last year and I still have to scrap that one - now he's giving me stuff for this one.

Then I entered the Lucky 313 competition at Scrapbooking Innovation (the new NZ s/b magazine) and won a subscription!

I have booked our accommodation in Auckland for Senz - looking forward to that! My niece is going on a quick trip of the South Island just before Senz and she is so excited about it. In the meantime, my SIL and I will do a day's shopping - KiwiScraps, Scrapbook Central and Queensgate - what a great time we're going to have.

Oh and of course it was Valentine's Day - we don't do the whole commercial thing but I did buy hubby a nice bottle of wine. He made me a CD of seven hours worth of lovely songs. That'll make sitting in my classroom by myself pleasant and road trips will also be great

8 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Wish I could join you on your shopping trip? BTW what is Senz?

Jenny in Durbs said...

Hey there sounds very good.I will catch up over the weekend just crazy busy at the moment.

Trace said...

Glad they changed the venue - it's much easier to get around out at Manukau, shouldn't be any traffic worries (she says thinking hopefully!) Jenny I'll have to give you the directions to Arthurs Emporium (about five minutes from SENZ) you would have a ball in there!

topkatnz said...

Congrats on the magazine subscription win! ... Whats the mag like, I don't know that I know it?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the win, Jenny!

Love the sound of what you and hubby did for each other (we aren't into commericalism/being told what is expected of us by the advertising community either)

Penny said...

sounds like a great plan!!

congratulations on you mag win :)

Sonya said...

Well done Jenny on winning the subscription!! LOL at the thought of you thinking about doing the boys walk!! xx

delsdesigns said...

Congratulations on your winning Jenny. Well done. It just keeps on going though...You have been Awarded!!!
This very prestigous award goes to those whom one finds inspirational in one way or another. Have a look at my blog www.adele74.wordpress.com to see what I am on about. Congratulations.
Adele