Friday, February 06, 2009

Update on Doj

Doj had his operation four weeks ago today. He is still living at my parent's house where he went because we were going on holiday. My Mom is a wonderful cat nurse and Doj's health has improved so much. He goes to the vet once a week for a check up.

He had to go back today (yes, even though it's Waitangi Day) because the pin in his bone worked its way through the skin. He had anaesthetic and the pin was pushed back in. Hopefully it will stay in for at least another two weeks. He still needs to spend lots of time in his recovery box and will come home when he is much better. My mom takes him outside for a bit each day and he's loving getting into the sun.

In hindsight, we probably should have just put him to sleep because he has been through so much, but he has such a "cheerful" cat: meows when he sees anyone and purrs all the time.

I really hope that he recovers quickly

8 comments:

Jenny in Durbs said...

Hey Jen I am sure this will not set him back. He's a lovely cat he will bounce back. Enjoy your long weekend have a great time.

Anonymous said...

You'll be pleased in the long run that you didn't make that decision Jenny. He sounds like he is doing really well.

Mrs Frizz said...

Poor wee Doj - ouch on that pin coming through ... hope the healing process goes well this time.

Sharpshooting by Sherri said...

awe, poor doj, I hope he gets better too.

Ella Swan said...

I think you did the right thing. I have one of those extra cheery cats, with the constantly purry disposition & would do and spend anything if the same thing happened to her. Shame, hope Doj gets better soon & makes a full recovery. Hope you are coping back at school after your long holiday ;-)

Irene said...

Poor Doj, he has been through a lot but it sounds like he is doing really well, despite the latest setback and I think you will all be so pleased when you get him home again.

Lara said...

home the next 2 weeks go ok for Doj.

Penny said...

{healing vibes for Doj}