Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Scrapping, rain and a whinge

On Friday it RAINED and I mean it rained. It rained so hard that the rain was coming under the deck roof and into my classroom. I got wet every time I ventured out my classroom and I had an umbrella. We really did need the rain though; but I wish they were getting this rain in Victoria.

On Saturday I went scrapping. As I said a few posts down, I took page kits and the following are my l/os. I am so pleased with what I did! I have still to finish some of them but they are in a pile next to me, staring me in my face, so I will have to finish them! No, I didn't finish all my page kits but I did a lot more than I usually do. The photos of the l/os aren't great but I'm sure that you can see!


Colin's 13th birthday

Christmas 2008


Birds we saw on holiday recently


The fence of our cottage...


and the wildlife behind it (ie in our garden)From our holiday in 2007 (this is in Queenstown) Our picnic spot and the changes that have happened. What does the l/o need?

Colin's leaver's dinner in 2008
The boys on holiday
Colin's Tech work from Taumarunui High

We also made cards to send to someone in Victoria who is collecting "Thinking of You" cards to give to those who have lost family, friends, houses etc. We made 23 between eleven of us. If you want me to email them to you, please let me know as I think there are more than enough photos on this post tonight!


On Sunday, a young couple with whom we have made friends came to visit us. They have young Jacob who is 19 months old who is a delight! Adrian and I just love having them round as we so enjoy this little man. Jacob is becoming so comfortable in our house which is just great for his parents. They stayed most of the afternoon and Ross and Colin enjoyed playing with Jacob too.

Here he is with Ross who had a VERY late night on Saturday night!

(Face blurred deliberately)
Update on Doj - there is none :-( He's still in his immobility cage and sees the vet every week. In two week's time she is going to take Xrays and we are hoping that he will be able to come home then. It is now over six weeks since his operation.


Penny's reading group: well, that hasn't happened yet. Kelly kindly said she would lend me the book so maybe I'll have it read at the end of March.


A s/b store, from whom I order a fair amount is not my favourite place at the moment: I had an order delivered in early December which had a fair bit in it, but the couriers damaged the box and I lost some of the contents. I'm still waiting for the replacements. Over two weeks ago, I orderd some albums (over $100) and I'm still waiting for them! Now, if there's a problem and stock hasn't arrived that's fine but just tell me where my parcel(s) are. Maybe this week ....


Then, perhaps you remeber me telling you that one of the DT from SBO had asked for some photos to scrap? Here is what she did - I think it's gorgeous!


And that's all from me for a while ... oh yes - our Senz tickets arrived. Now to keep them in a safe place until July!


11 comments:

Jenny in Durbs said...

Wow you are soooo productive I love the l/o's your birds are stunning. Its so nice to see the boys being so "boys". Yay the tickets have arrived this is exciting.

Anonymous said...

Love all your layouts Jenny. You sure have been productive.
We had all that rain too - though most of it came on Saturday along with the cold!

Penny said...

Yay - been busy :) Good for you. I think the picnic spot LO needs some words on there.. maybe a title and a journaling spot, plus some leaves/birds/picnic theme embellies. Actually you could write the journaling round the photos.

Don't stress about the book club. I'm not going to "cross you off my list" as my son might say.

topkatnz said...

Well you did heaps at he crop!! Go you!! I would never get that much done ... Love the paper you have used as your background for LO no.1.

Lara said...

love what you have done at the crop, like especially Colin's tech layout.

The rain has stayed away down here today, quite sunny really :-)

Andrea B said...

Hi Jenny, I have to disagree with you and I have no problem you naming the store involved. Yes the courier damaged your box (not my fault) I have your replacements sitting here and I have offered to send them seperatly on many occasions (and replace at my cost)however you have said you are more than happy to wait to send it with your next paper kit ... your choice.

You ordered albums at waitangi weekend which are shipping at the moment (you haven't been waiting on them since December), your paper kit will be included and the trade me auctions.

You also e-mailed me and I replied that your albums will be shipped this week (if you read the newsletter you would of seen they weren't available to ship immediately).

But moaning about it on your blog ...

Andrea

Ella Swan said...

Wow, lots of layouts & lots of news. You are on a super-productive high at the moment from the looks of things! I am just so hot at the moment I can hardly function. This Durban weather is so oppressive at the moment. Checked out Senz - looks so impressive. Have you phoned the shop in question re:- your stuff. It's high time they made good. All these places online are slack 'cos we have to pay them in advance in good faith.

Anonymous said...

Well done Jenny on doing so many layouts. I'm glad the page kit method is working for you.
Oh, yes I would love that rain here. Get outside and blow it our way.

Anonymous said...

Some very cool layouts here, Jenny!

The birds layout is stunning, so unique. A really refreshing change to see a layout with wildlife in it, as opposed to people or pets.

We must have your rain here today. It is bucketing down and avery gusty wind blowing too.

If you love have wee kids of a certain age around so much, perhaps I could send two or three down your way ROFL? ;)

Anonymous said...

PS. Am yet to read the first book also. Decided to wait and get a library copy. Unfortunately, I'm one of nearly 200 on the reserve list, LMAO.

But, this week I received my copy of the March book from the library. As I'd read this author previously I'm really looking forward to this one. A quirky and fun read!

Jenny said...

A short response to Andrea regarding my orders: it is quite correct that it was not the shop's fault that the couriers damaged my box, it is also correct that I said I would wait.

On Saturday 7th February I received a newsletter and I quote part of it "please note these orders will be processed in the order received and will not being shipping until late next week." This to me meant after 13th February.

The email I received on 19th February said "Not quite, just waiting on the remainder of the albums but they are all printed ready to go - will be out early next week." which to me meant 24th/25th February.

My email on 27th Febraury is as yet unanswered and actually I wanted to add to that order which is why I asked.

I look forward to purchasing more from this shop as I love many of the products they sell