Of course I known about the idea for years now, but have never really managed to get myself that organised. When we went on holiday, I grabbed some photos and some paper and cardstock that I thought would do. Many of them came from SBO paper add-ons. I scrapped all but one of the photos I took with me and came home with six l/os. This blog gives some extensive instructions for page kits; mine are just paper (sometimes), cardstock and photos, the rest I'll find in my stash on the day.
Last month at our crop I decided to do a similar thing - I grabbed some photos and added some c/s and patterned paper and scrapped most of what I took.
In between some gardening, visiting, shopping at Spotlight, visiting the cat and surfing this weekend I have managed to pack 20 kits ready for scrapping on Saturday. I don't think that I will finish all of them, but will be very glad if I do. The best thing is that all the paper and c/s came from my stash! (And you can't see a dent yet.) Most of the photos are from our holiday and at this rate I'll be able to scrap some baby photos this year! I also have plans for bags and a quilt so lots to keep me busy in the next few months.
Have a good week
7 comments:
LOL, obviously your stash is like mine, never a dent to be noted! I have been doing that system for years but never even knew it had a name. It just seemed logical. Have fallen out of the habit over the last year though as I have stopped going out to scrap so have my stash to hand all the time at home & use so many various bits & pieces. Is a great idea for scrapping on the go though ;-)
Thanks for the link to the blog with some instructions. I've tried to put together page kits, but often get frustrated when I'm not sure what else I'm going to use beyond maybe the paper and the photos. I'm off to have a look.
It really works when you are cropping away from home :) I find I dither less too when I have less to choose from. ;)
WTG ... 20 page kits is awesome ... and hey it doesn't matter if you get them all done at the weekend ... they are all ready for other times. I'm fast coming round to the idea that page kits are the way to go - saves time and money ...
20 kits !!! I am lucky if I do 2or
3 LOL.
You are so organised but it sooo makes sense & I think that you actually get more done. I am also starting to do this but I get frustrated with not knowing which colours go that well together. Luckily the family have plenty of opinions.
Definitly the way to go.
Hi Jenny I was just reading your blog, when an email come through from YOU! I got a bit lost on the instructions last night, so kind of did my own thing a bit!! LOL!
Hi Jenny. You sound as if you've been scrapping up a storm!
Hope you're behaving:)
Post a Comment