Recipe from our lovely friend Dianne at The Station Cafe in National Park - make time to stop there for coffee and cake or a meal - you won't be sorry. The other good cafe is Out of the Fog in Owhango which is about 15 - 20 minutes north of NP on SH4.
Drain 450grams of pineapple and reserve 1/4 cup of the liquid
Sift together
1 cup of pain flour,
1/2 cup of self raising flour (I use 1 & 1/2 cups of plain flour + 1 teasp of Baking powder),
1/2 teasp of baking soda,
1/2 teasp of cinnamon,
1/2 teasp of ginger (I'm quite heavy handed with the spices)
200gm brown sugar (I think it's fine with 150gm)
Mix in
Pineapple and juice
1/2 cup of coconut
1 cup mashed bananas (about two medium size bananas)
2 lightly beaten eggs
3/4 cup of oil
Bake at 180degrees C for 40 - 50 minutes. The mixture is quite liquid
Ice with cream cheese icing
60 gm cream cheese
30 gms butter
1 teasp vanilla essence
1 & 1/2 cups icing sugar
We all worked hard today - the three boys built an immomility cage for Doj as the one from the vet costs $3 per night and for six weeks will be a lot of money! I painted the computer cupboard and sewed two pairs of 3/4 pants for me. Tomorrow I want to paint Doj's new home.
We will also visit Doj and then go looking for some brass doorknobs for the painted cupboard
5 comments:
Mmmmm that cake sounds good. A very productive day for you guys today.
Hey Jen - must have been lots of prayers too that did the trick for Doj. Hope the rest of the weekend is good & you get ready for your holiday.
Thanks for the recipe Jenny. What kind of oil do you use? Great work on building Doj a new home for the next six weeks. Sounds like the a productive Saturday in your household. I mainly shifted paper around in my scrap room and read and watched some TV but today I am a woman on a mission with a "to do" list.
Thanks for the recipe Jenny - the few times I've caught the train south, that's where they stop and it's madness LOL! They sure do delicious food.
Ooh that does sound yummy Jenny, thankyou.
Wanted to let you know that I have choosen you for a 'Lovely Blog Award. Check out my blog to find the award picture then ...1. Add the logo to your blog.2. Link to the person from whom you received this award.3. Nominate 7 or more blogs.4. Leave a message on their blog, letting them know they are “One Lovely Blog”!
Post a Comment